This Fiji kava recipe is one method of making kava.
Use this Fijian kava recipe if you want to mix kava like a Fijian.
We only sell high quality kava, so you can use less to make more. For example, a 125g bag of kava will make one gallon to 1.25 gallons of strong kava. One gallon is 32 four ounce servings of kava.
There are 2 different methods we know of used to prepare kava, what we call the Fijian method and the Vanuatu method. We prefer the Vanuatu method to make kava especially in large batches.
Things you’ll need:
Nakamal At Home Kava root powder
Strainer bag or cloth
Medium or large bowls
1 tablespoon (approximately 6-8 g) kava root per 1 cup (8oz) of water
Ratio determines potency. Use more kava roots to make it stronger.
Serving size: 1 shell is a 1/2 cup (4oz)
THE FIJIAN KAVA RECIPE
1. Pour room temperature water into the bowl.
2. Place your kava root into your strainer bag.
3. Pinch the top of the bag and submerge it in water.
4. Knead the kava for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Squeeze the kava as dry as possible before discarding the makas.
6. Kava Time Fun Time, BULA!!
BULA /boo-lah/ A form of cheers in the Fiji islands.
Kava, in a well sealed container will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze any liquid kava you don’t drink.
There are no products to list in this category.